Friday, March 11, 2016

The Young Messiah movie






















Genre is everything. That is what my Old testament professor used to say about studying the diverse books of the Old Testament. What she meant was, that you have to keep in mind the type of written material you are about to read, in order to fully appreciate it when you read it. For example, you wouldn't open a book of poetry and expect to have the same type of experience as reading an algebra book or a novel. Well, when I went to see "The Young Messiah" today, I kept in mind that I was going to see a fictional story about what one year in the life of the boy Jesus of Nazareth might have been like. Because I had already read the Anne Rice book that the movie was based on, I knew what to expect.

With that said, I'll tell you Angie and I really liked this movie. It is a tender story, and we both thought it was tastefully done. I loved the ending. I read a number of early reviews that didn't like the movie for various reasons, but that is to be expected given the subject matter. However, we both give it a thumbs up.

Blessings,
George

No comments:

Post a Comment