Monday, April 11, 2016

Precious in the sight of the Lord is the death of his saints






















Seven years ago today, a dear friend of mine passed away. God had strategically placed her in my life's path to give me encouragement at a critical time. This morning, I was thinking about that wonderful verse in Psalms that you often hear quoted at memorial and graveside services, to provide comfort to those in mourning.

A few days after my mother passed away in 2007, I was contemplating Psalm 116:15 (Precious in the sight of the Lord is the death of his saints). Before going to bed, I prayed, "Lord..why is it precious?". I didn't get a response, so went to bed. When I woke up the next morning..I heard his reply in my heart. He said it is precious, because you are coming home to me! That brought tears to my eyes contemplating that his great love meant he had always looked forward to us being with him. I had never seen it from that perspective before. God's great love means he misses us and can't wait for us to be home with him, when our mission on earth is completed. What a great and blessed assurance of what is yet to come: (in the words of Frances Crosby)

 Blessed assurance, Jesus is mine,
Oh, what a foretaste of glory divine!
Heir of salvation, purchase of God,
Born of His Spirit, washed in His blood.

Refrain:
This is my story, this is my song,
Praising my Savior all the day long;
This is my story, this is my song,
Praising my Savior all the day long.

Perfect submission, perfect delight,
Visions of rapture now burst on my sight;
Angels, descending, bring from above
Echoes of mercy, whispers of love.

Perfect submission, all is at rest,
I in my Savior am happy and blest,
Watching and waiting, looking above,
Filled with His goodness,
lost in His love.

Blessings,
George

No comments:

Post a Comment