Wednesday, October 19, 2016

There were three of us















I spent last evening watching the stars come out. Annie (our cat) loves to go out on the patio and watch the world (deer, squirrels, chipmunks, etc.) go by. But, she doesn't like to be alone, so I go out and sit with the old girl sometimes. It was beautiful out last night as the stars showed up one by one. I studied astronomy in high school and so the familiar constellations are like old friends that have always been there in the same place since I was a young buck. It was very still and tranquil. I could almost reach out and touch those stars.

As I lay there in the reclining lawn chair, I thought about the beauty that lay before me. They say if you have good vision there are 3000-4000 stars visible across the night sky. One thing is for certain, I wouldn't even try to count them. The Bible says God calls them all by name. I don't doubt that. A good artist, painter, or musician knows his creation intimately. The most profound and peaceful part of the evening though, was sensing God saying, "If you like this, you're going to love what I have in store for you." I thought about all the biblical promises of the New Heaven and New Earth, which I've recently been reading about.

As Annie and I finally came in for the night, I looked back at the patio and thought, "Wow, there wasn't just two of us out there on the patio, there were three of us."

Blessings,
George

No comments:

Post a Comment