Wednesday, November 9, 2016

Post election reflections










Mr. Donald Trump is going to need our prayers in a big way. The Apostle Paul said:
"Therefore I exhort first of all that supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks be made or all men, for kings and all who are in authority, that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and reverence. For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Savior, who desires all men to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth."
Amazingly, Paul wrote those words while the pagan Roman Empire was in control. Paul did not say pray for only Christian rulers. He said all those in authority. This writing came at a time when Christians were being persecuted and killed by the government. I know. It's hard to pray for those persecuting you, but that is what Paul said is good and acceptable in the sight of God.
So, as we prepare to change leaders in this country of ours, I plan to pray for Mr. Trump. I pray for him to seek God and Christ first in his life. I pray for him to listen to God's voice when making decisions. I pray for him to govern in such a way "that we may lead quiet and peaceful lives in all godliness and reverence". I pray that in such an environment, that the good news of Jesus Christ will spread like wildfire, like never before. Am I a dreamer? Perhaps. Well then, I guess Paul was too.
P.S. I pray for rain too!

George

No comments:

Post a Comment